Recipe: BBQ Meatloaf
I will admit, I have never been a meatloaf fan. I remember eating it as a kid but never enjoying it. When we moved from Darwin to Perth, we bought a ready made meatloaf from the Spud Shed and it totally put me off eating it ever again.
Today while catching up on my Snapchat feed I saw a delicious looking meatloaf from another fellow Thermomix user she had made and thought hey why not give it one last crack and if it’s bad then the dogs will have a good feed for a week!
It’s currently cooking away as I sit here typing this out, smelling so damn good, I literally cannot wait for dinner time!
What you will need:
500gm sausage meat
500gm mince (any will do, I used lamb)
3 sticks of celery
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 tbs parsley (dried)
For the sauce:
1/2 cup water
1/2 tomato sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs white vinegar
1 tsp instant coffee
What to do:
- Throw veggies into your Thermomix, chop for 10 seconds speed 6
- Add mince, sausage meat, salt, pepper, egg, milk and bread crumbs, mix for 30 seconds speed 8
- Wet hands and form into a “meatloaf” shape on your Thermomix mat, place mat on a baking tray
- Cook for 30 mins at 180 degrees
- In this time prepare your sauce
- Add all ingredients to your Thermomix bowl, cook for 1 min, 60 degrees speed 2
- After 30 mins of cooking, “Baste” your meatloaf with your BBQ sauce. Cook for a further 45 mins
This was really tasty and a hit with my kids. You could add 1 tsp curry powder, or for the chilli fans 1 tsp chilli flakes or powder.